Funder wants me to post six "random" things about myself that FFF readers don't already know. She correctly points out that this would require creating a list of ALL the things FFF readers don't know about me and then choosing six at random. Instead I offer these factoids:
1. I dislike most dried fruit, but I cannot eat raisins. Or anything that has been in contact with raisins. Or anything that tastes similar to things that may once have been in contact with raisins. It has ever been thus.
2. I am the tomboy daughter of a girly girl mother. When I was in grade school she forced me to wear a dress at least two times a week, and I slept in a canopy bed until I left for university. I still sleep in a canopy bed when I go home to visit.
3. I had my nose pierced for a couple of years. On my final scuba dive before leaving for an internship in Guyana the stud got blown out when I was clearing my mask. For the past 9 years I have been tempted to get it redone every time I walk past a (reputable-looking) piercing joint.
4. I used to drink at least a liter of milk daily, and I still would if my metabolism could keep up. A cold glass of milk is like heaven for me, and I could happily survive on nothing but cereal (which I often do when David is out of town). I have never had a cavity.
5. I have traveled to many places, and I hope to visit many many more. My father was a commercial pilot and my mother was a stewardess. They met on an airplane, they both loved to travel, and we all share the desire to see as much of the world as possible in the short time allotted.
6. I hate Big Bird. When I was a little kid just seeing him on TV made me ball up inside, and he still pisses me off. Some friends recently told me that Big Bird is meant to represent the slow kid in the class, so now I am forced to hate him under the shadow of elitist guilt.
I'm not going to tag anyone, but I would be delighted to learn six interesting tidbits about any of the authors on my simply syndicated list (look right).