Saturday, August 16, 2008

On the Rocks

Yesterday the whole family (9 of the 10 adults and 7 of the 8 kids) trekked out to the Lac Philippe and the Lusk Caves at Gatineau Park. David's sister Eira had told me about bringing a bunch of kids there for a birthday party and letting them run wild, so I had envisioned big, airy caves with nice, smooth surfaces. I was surprised to find a wet, narrow and jagged route carved through the rocks by Lusk Creek -- it was just as fun for the adults as for the children. My only complaint is that I forgot to bring my camera, so I can't provide photo/video evidence of our wild time.

Back at Farcical Farm Melissa tells me that "it's going great" and the Weather Network tells me that it's very hot. We'll be headed home in a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really pretty. I'm glad you're having a good time!