Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tasmaniacs

We have landed safely in Hobart, only a little worse for wear. The adventure did not run quite as smoothly as we had imagined, but none of the problems we encountered couldn't be solved with a little extra money. We hear that Hobart is a great city to eat in, but we'll be on a strict ration of beans for the next several weeks.

crocs

Back at the ranch Tess seems to be making out just fine despite the uncooperative weather. She reports 400mm of rain in four days, another big wind storm that battered the neighbor's shop, and snow as of bedtime this evening. Despite the meteorological chaos I feel perfectly confident in her ability to cope, which is a huge weight off my shoulders. I'll be scouring her facebook updates for FFF material.

canberra-wildlife

Speaking of which, I'm not really sure what to write about over the coming months. I don't want to start a new blog to document our Tasmanian adventures, nor do I want to end this one about life at FFF. I'm thinking of posting a picture a day of life as we're living it, with a little back-home content to keep things relevant. Would you stick around for that?

4 comments:

Jean said...

You bet I'd stick around for that! Glad to hear you got to your destination (albeit a lot poorer) and I hope you find there's more than just beans that's affordable and tasty.

AareneX said...

Heck, yeah, I'll stay tuned. Send a photo a day--and maybe get Tess to facebook you some home pix too, for contrast?

Hope you're having fun!

Ceara said...

Welcome to Australia! :D

I'd love updates on your experiences, it's always fun hearing what foreigners think of the country. I'm based in Adelaide ^_^

Anonymous said...

Yup!