Monday, May 18, 2009

Farcical Farming

The exact moment at which Farcical Farm was named eludes me, but I know that it was partially inspired by this picture showing the total haul from our garden in the fall of 2007.

Pretty pathetic, eh? In our defense we did spend much of that summer in Paris (life is rough), and the garden was mostly neglected in our absence. The bigger roadblock was a general lack of interest. We had renovations going on indoors, there were travel plans to make, and food remained available at all of the local grocery stores. During the summer of 2008 we didn't "farm" at all, but we slowly constructed and filled eight 4-by-8 raised beds in preparation for the summer of 2009.

Victoria day weekend is the unofficial opening of garden season in Canada. We should be past the threat of frost (right Carole?), so David and I felt safe enough to take the plunge today. Not only am I a lousy farmer, but I am also a lousy speller.

1 comment:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Well, I hope you get a better yield of crops this year than the last time.