Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weekend Waning

We slept in yesterday morning and went to a party yesterday evening, but we did manage to get the shelter site prepped for construction today. Things went smoothly until we discovered four 66" braces instead of four 78" braces. Rather than subjecting ourselves to another argument and another delay we forged ahead with a makeshift piece of 2X6 and we finished the frame this afternoon. The weather is supposed to be brilliant again tomorrow, so I will work on the cladding for as long as my professional conscience will bear.

Most days around here include at least one rousing game of fetch in the pasture. The Ball is all-consuming for Tilley, Willow and Watson, and I love this picture because Titan (who is not a high-energy herding dog) looks just as keen. Note the new boots! They are comfortable, warm, rigid in all the right places, and they do not crave socks. (One day I will post a picture of myself in non-farm clothing. I do wear it now and then.)

4 comments:

russellp said...

Should Titan develop a liking for it, heaven help any smaller dog (that's most of them) who gets between him and The Ball...

EvenSong said...

Hey! I would LIVE in my barn clothes, if I had my druthers! I was wondering how the "barn raising" went...

Titan might be BIGGER, but I bet the rest can WAAAY out-manuever him! :-D

dp said...

Yes, the other dogs all have speed on their side. Tilley and Willow are total snobs and they hardly acknowledge Titan. Watson will play with him, but he needs his speed to dodge around Titan's ambushes. If Titan gets him it's game over -- I will have to post some pictures of Watson being totally pwned.

dt said...

Titan playing with Watson is starting to look like a Great White Shark "playing" with a seal....