Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Learning is for Life

It takes a long time to learn how to ride well. Finding and maintaining a good, balanced position while effectively applying and releasing multiple aids can be a lifelong pursuit. At this point I have no interest in training and showing like I did during my teenage years, but I still intend to take regular lessons with a rigorous teacher so that my riding is constantly improving. It will be good for me, and it is the least I can do for the horses who are forced to pack my ample ass around. We are fortunate to have a Level III eventing coach named Sue Allbrect living around the corner from us and willing to take on students with no real aspiration. If all goes well in Toronto I am hoping to start next week. Here's a picture that Sue recently posted on the Horse Council forums -- I will die happy if I can ride like this:

No comments: